Level Belt Pro 2.0.2 available now on the App Store!
We've just updated Level Belt Pro, and for the best experience and best data, we recommend updating through the App Store today.
What's New in Version 2.0.2
- Fixed an issue where sometimes the app would start recording before the
accelerometer/gyroscope was ready, leading to extra zeroes at the beginning
of the recording and sometimes zeroing later than expected
- Enabled a setting where the user can choose to display only the
recordings for one client at a time or all clients. Export All from the
Recordings screen will only export the visible recordings.
- UI updates for compatibility with iOS 7+
Perfect Practice Brings Science to Training
Trunk control (a.k.a. core stability) is a critical determinant of physical performance and is key to proper injury avoidance and rehabilitation. While physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, coaches, and personal trainers all believe that “strengthening your core” is important to help avoid injuries across the entire body, there is little rigorous scientific basis for this belief.
Perfect Practice has built that scientific basis and the system designed to improve core strength. That system is now available for your use in multiple applications like baseball, golf, and physical therapy.
Core stability – the control and strength of the body’s back, abdominal and hip muscles – is essential to achieve maximum athletic performance and also to reduce injury risk. This innovative device, created by an Ohio State University Sports Medicine team, is a breakthrough in core stability testing and training.
To use the device, an athlete straps on the belt with its core stability monitor and performs exercises related to his or her sports activity. When core stability is not maintained and the body goes out of alignment, the device provides audible feedback to alert the user. Unlike any device on the market, Perfect Practice’s Level Belt:
- Measures core stability while the athlete is positioned in a sports-specific posture, rather than the more typical lying position counting abdominal crunches or maintaining a modified push-up, called a “plank.” For a pitcher, the device measures the athlete’s ability to keep the body properly aligned while going through the range of motions needed to throw a baseball.
- Provides real-time feedback so that the athlete or patient is immediately alerted when the body is not correctly aligned during an activity. Alert options can include a bell tone, buzz, vibration or other sound that could be delivered through a headset.
- Supports training and re-education of the neuromuscular system, which helps the user learn to maintain correct body position as a reflex action without having to think about it.
Contact us to learn how you can bring Perfect Practice to your organization!